New look!

Today was a good day. In fact, an excellent day. It rained all night which, in my desert land is almost a once a year occurrence. The chill in the air and gentle warmth in the sun had me dragging my desk in front of the window to enjoy the day while I worked on the new template.

Remember I offered 5 hours for Thanksgiving? Well there were no takers and so I was thrilled to give those hours to myself. The result of 3 of those you can see. I have to say I'm mighty proud. Even if all I did was follow instructions! I forgot to screen capture an image of my old blog template so new readers won't have anything to compare

There's still quite a lot to be done. The banner at the top is not mine. It came with the template, which came for free. However it's very cool as the ads keep on changing with every page which is why I haven't removed it completely. I need a little help with figuring out how to place ads or if affiliates would be better. But since I barely get enough traffic signing up for affiliates might be too early.

I couldn't wait to update my weblog style in Windows Live Writer. The blue and grey looks great! All right, I'll stop gushing about the new template. I need you guys to tell me how it looks, what I can do to make it better and/or if something is not working like it's supposed to. The help would be much appreciated!

Small changes and tweaks will keep on happening so if you happen to come by and find something horribly out of place, please don't think its bad designing. It would just be my rusty html skills!

Bookmark this post:
StumpleUpon Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google

5 comments:
gravatar
Daanish said...
December 4, 2008 at 9:58 PM  

I like the new look,especially since blue is my favourite colour.

Just few comments:
1.can you get rid of those adds?

2.can you not change blog lay out frequently?

3.can you able to put some traditional picture or quote?

4.can to make a scheduled posting?
since you are a writer so your reader will expect new posts on fixed days.It will develop a professional mind set for writind and beginning of corporate enterprize.

Good luck!

gravatar
Samar Owais said...
December 5, 2008 at 12:34 AM  

Hey Daanish. Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

1. About the points you've raised. Which ads are irritating? I'm experimenting with ad placements for now till I find a workable placing that aren't eye sores.

2. This is the first time I've completely changed the blog template and I plan on sticking to it for now. I will keep on tweaking the template to increase functionality.

3. In my posts? This is something I know I need to do. Soon Insha'Allah.

4. Scheduled postings are a good idea. I post 2 to 3 times a week. Sometimes more. I like the flexibility in posting schedules. I do plan on starting a couple fixed day posting with time though.

Thanks once again!

gravatar
Tony said...
December 6, 2008 at 12:04 AM  

I like the new layout a lot. Mine is blue too, but when I first started it, it was a red color - I like the blue a lot better.

Thanks for adding me to your blogroll - I got a little thrill seeing that. It's the first time I've seen my blog on a blogroll :-)

gravatar
Samar Owais said...
December 7, 2008 at 1:19 PM  

Tony, even though I don't comment as often as I'd like, I do read yours regularly :)

You were one of the first people I started talking to through blogs when I started the base. So you have a special spot :)

gravatar
Anonymous said...
December 9, 2008 at 10:46 PM  

Thanks, I read yours daily too - I seem to check it out all the time so I may show up on your meter as "The Stalker" lol. When you get your first book published make sure you send me an autographed copy - ok? Take care and good luck with it all.

Post a Comment