[12/07/08] Sunday Link Overdose.

Labels:

Not the best of names but I'm drowning in cough syrup. Why do they have sedatives in them anyway? I also have a killer flu and I do not have the energy to post anything that would take more effort than this.

When I did a post on '5 things I'm doing wrong at the base', one of the things I acknowledged I wasn't doing was a weekly round up of links I loved. I've decided to remedy that. Therefore, every Sunday, I'll be featuring (not necessarily) five links that I've found helpful.

Therefore, presenting you with my very first SLOD.

  1. Blogger dad talks about going from a blogging newbie to pro in three months - A tongue in cheek post it may be, but he just described what I do as a blog reader perfectly. Well, except for the pictures bit. I never have any time to look at them.
  2. You have to check out Rachael's Words on Writing. She has excellent posts about Ten proofreading tips and 16 proof reading errors our brain doesn't want us to see. I missed out quite a few all the errors except one! Be sure to check the comments. There were a few more mistakes that Rachael pointed out in them.
  3. As a new freelancer, Davina's post about fear closing in struck a chord. Right now, I'm scared of so many things regarding my freelancing that its making me mad!
  4. Blogging without a blog has an interesting post about the unseen benefits of commenting. I hadn't thought of commenting in quite that way but it's certainly motivation to comment more!
  5. A blog to read daily and over and over again is Daily Writing Tips. For some unexplainable reason...every time I comment on that blog my English goes out the window - literally! Want an example? Check out my two comments at DWT's latest post about irregular verbs. Then come back and find the faults in the sentence I corrected. "Correction: I refuse to even imagine a time where such (bad) grammar was a norm." Go on, don't spare my feelings.

On a closing note, I added the word link to the title because the abbreviation of Sunday Overdose was SOD which might not be funny, but in my current state, I'm very amused by it!

Bookmark this post:
StumpleUpon Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google

10 comments:
gravatar
Davina said...
December 7, 2008 at 6:23 PM  

Hi Samar. Thanks very much for the link. I hope you are feeling better soon. Yes, fear strikes many chords for an interesting piece of music :-) Kinda like that tune that you can't get out of your head. I completely understand where you are coming from. I'm right there with ya. Good luck with your freelancing career.

gravatar
Daanish said...
December 7, 2008 at 8:53 PM  

Good,links show variety (which is the key to succes)and I think this will going to be a good weekly scheduled blog!

gravatar
Rach S said...
December 8, 2008 at 1:15 AM  

Hi Samar - thanks very much for the link. I'm glad you enjoyed the posts. Hope you're feeling better now - I'm impressed you managed to do a post at all with the flu. I love DWT too by the way.
Rachael

gravatar
Anonymous said...
December 8, 2008 at 7:00 AM  

thanks for the links - I've checked out a few and they seem interesting. I was thinking that a lot of the blogs I'm reading are about writing or provide information - maybe I should change the content of my blog so it's more reflective of that - only problem is that I'm not an expert on anything :-)

Oh, I almost forgot - hope you feel better.

gravatar
Barbara Swafford said...
December 9, 2008 at 1:15 AM  

Hi Samar - I hope you get to feeling 100% real soon. Having the flu is no fun.

Thank you so much for the link love. I truly appreciate it.

Get well quick!

gravatar
Sal said...
December 9, 2008 at 7:32 AM  

Samar: The site looks great. I love what you have done with it. I wish I had time to update my site like this. I hope you feel better soon and thanks for the links. Time to go check them out.

gravatar
Samar Owais said...
December 10, 2008 at 5:02 AM  

Davina: Thank you for the support. I'm learning to fight the panic.

Daanish. Thanks. Glad you like it.

Rachael: It took me 2 hours of trying to concentrate, wiping my watering eyes and continous sniffling to put the post together :) Much better now, thanks!

Tony: The best thing about your blog is that its about everything. I'd love to see you write about writing though :) I'm not good at any thing either. My interests are all over the place.

Barbara: Hi, I like your blog. There's always a unique pov in your posts :) Thanks for the wishes. Loads better now.

Sal: Let me know what you want done with your site. I still got two hours to spare rem? :) I can point you the website i got this template from.

gravatar
Sal said...
December 10, 2008 at 6:58 AM  

@Samar: Thanks. Looks like you have a good crowd going here now. Imagine that, and from not publicising the blog at all. That is awesome. Are you asking everyone how they found your site? That would be interesting to know and might actually make for a good book at some point in time.

gravatar
Samar Owais said...
December 10, 2008 at 11:00 PM  

Sal, Most of the commenters are people who's blogs I've commented on. Everyone's been kind enough to comment on my blog after checking it out. I also joined mybloglog and blogtopsites so I have a little traffic from there too. Some also comes from twitter.

gravatar
Daanish said...
December 11, 2008 at 7:45 PM  

Hope you are feeling better now !

Post a Comment