Social Networking The Twitter Way

Labels:

I rediscovered twitter a few months ago. Unlike most people, I knew there were a lot of benefits of using it - I just couldnt figure out what. I had issues with the whole 140 character thing. How will I fit in my message in 140 characters? Why would I want to update people about what I had for lunch?

In the beginning twittering was exactly that. Telling people when you woke up, when you were heading out and what you had for lunch. In short, twitter was a stalker's paradise.

As I started following people, some of them prolific bloggers and other social media personalities. I started noticing the different ways they were using it. It was no longer about lunches and loo trips - it was about building a community and helping people out while promoting yourself.

I'll be doing a 5 part series of articles about twitter here at the base.
  1. (Re)Discovering Twitter - How I use twitter and you should too.
  2. 10 Twitter Tricks - Small tricks that make twittering easy and effective.
  3. 10 Twitter Tools - Tools that enhance your twitter experience and make it effective.
  4. Top 5 Twitter Apps - Applications that let you use twitter outside your browser.
  5. 10 Twitter Tools for Fun - Feel good twitter tools just for the fun of it.
Stay tuned!
Bookmark this post:
StumpleUpon Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google

3 comments:
gravatar
mayG said...
February 5, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

wow! looking forward to it already :)

gravatar
Unknown said...
February 6, 2009 at 5:06 AM  

Looking forward to reading about it all.

gravatar
Anonymous said...
February 10, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

This is awesome. I know I should be using Twitter better, but I'm just not. Maybe this is the kick in the pants I need.

Post a Comment