The Magic of Wordle

Labels:

Sometimes you discover really cool stuff. Wordle can be a great way to promote your blog. You can enter a Url and get a word cloud. Mine looked like the one below. Pretty cool I must say! There are also plenty of editing option. You can change the color scheme, language, chose which words to omit and if you don't like the placing of words, you can re-arrange the lay out as well.

When I entered the URL for The Base, this is what it came up with.

Cool huh? Then I decided to play with the name of my blog i.e "The Writing Base". This is what I ended up saving.

Wordle: TWB3Wordle: TWB5Wordle: TWB4Wordle: TWB2

The last one has to be my favourite. Of course, there are no option to place certain colors on certain words. Else the two middle ones would have had different colors on the words.

You can put up these images in other blogs (link them) or post them up a on social networking sites. This could be great if you're launching a blog and spreading the word about it. For e.g if you make a facebook event out of it, you can use these images as a picture etc.

And now that I've wasted so much time on Wordle, it's time to get back to work.

Has it ever happened to you? Have you found something cool on the net that's sucked the time out of your workday?
Bookmark this post:
StumpleUpon Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google

3 comments:
gravatar
Anonymous said...
February 3, 2009 at 6:17 PM  

Yeah I've found something, but it's such a time-waster that as a public service I really shouldn't even say it....

...but then you wouldn't believe me so:

http://www.handdrawngames.com/DesktopTD/Game.asp

Don't say I didn't warn you. Click at your own risk.

gravatar
Sal said...
February 5, 2009 at 4:01 AM  

Yes, yes I have. It is called Twitter :)

I think I am going to have to play around with Wordle here in the next day or two. Looks like a ton of fun. Thanks for the tip Samar!

gravatar
Samar Owais said...
February 5, 2009 at 4:19 AM  

Jason: You were right. I closed it off after 15 minutes before I really got the hang of it!

Sal: Hehe, but twitter is so much fun! That right there is the dreaded sentence the brings us down :)

Incidentally, my next few posts will be about twitter. I hope you find them helpful.

Post a Comment