Triumph & Trial Report for December.

It time for the T&T report. This month has been better than the last but I saw areas where I need to work more.

Triumphs:

Landed my second gig: This ones  a lot better paying! But the work coming isn't as much as I'd like. Upon inquiry, its not because of the quality of my work (thank God!). I'll just have to be patient.

Increase in inquiries through my 'Contact Me' page. Not necessarily about work. But definitely related to freelancing, blogging, and much to my delight, reading!

Due another pay day! Woohoo! This is my favourite part of the end of the month.

Made my first ever online purchase from my own hard earned money! Yes, incidentally, it was also my first online purchase ever. But I was so excited! What did I buy? I got myself the SEO Ninja book by IttyBiz.

Twitter: I finally got the hang of it!

Trials:

Revenue Sharing Sites: This one is going to turn into my pet peeve. People I know from back home are referring me to people who're running revenue sharing sites. Its very difficult to explain why I won't even come near a revenue sharing freelance writing website. They need to realize that there are better opportunities out there and that if they're writing for revenue sharing sites then they're selling themselves short!

Adsense: This is related to my blog. I've been trying to figure out how or why my Google Adsense ads have disappeared. See that empty square on the right hand? Yeah, that one. I've made new ads and put in the codes etc, but still nothing.

Lack of Comments: I'm obviously doing something very wrong to not be able to spark a conversation. I need help in figuring out what it is. Is my writing sub standard? Or is it the fact that its just not interesting? I'm asking because I want to improve.

So there you have it. Another month gone by. It's been rewarding in some ways and a little frustrating in others. How's your month been?

Bookmark this post:
StumpleUpon Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google

4 comments:
gravatar
Oreste said...
January 1, 2009 at 7:16 AM  

HAPPY NEW YEAR

gravatar
Samar Owais said...
January 1, 2009 at 7:18 AM  

Happy New Year to you too Oreste! Hope the new year brings you joy, success and happiness.

gravatar
Anonymous said...
January 1, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

Happy New Year - I think that the lack of comments may be that during the holidays people are more busy running around and not able to come online as much - I didn't go online much at all but because I was sick rather than being busy. I'm not much into ads or making money off my site - notice that there are no ads on my page? As far as twitter, I'm still trying to figure out it myself. Take care and I wish all the best for you and your family in the new year.

gravatar
Samar Owais said...
January 2, 2009 at 1:18 PM  

Thanks Tony! I hope the new year brings you health, success and happiness!

I notice your blog is ad free. Update twitter with random stuff. Even something like "there's a bird outside my window" and as you read other people's tweets you'll start to see ways you can use it.

Post a Comment