Plan Your Blog

Labels:

When starting a blog, the primary fear of a blogger is that they won't have enough to say to keep updating it regularly. I was no different. This fear was the major part of my decision to only update this blog two to three times a week.

Work related blogs or blogs concentrating on a specific topic or niche, come with more responsibility and pressure. Friends don't count as traffic. You have to plan, edit and proof read posts before publishing them. Then there's the whole process of marketing your blog. Leaving comments on different blogs trying to entice readers to your own through it. It's a lengthy and constant process that takes time, planning and lots of patience. (Yes, I realize it's becoming my mantra but hey, it is true!)

So how do we successfully plan a blog and avoid running out of steam? Before today I would have given a vague answer of making a blog-plan along the lines a small business plan. Had you asked me to lead by example, I would have floundered.

Not anymore however. Ask me that same question and I'd direct you to Blog Energizer. It's a complete dose of everything your blog needs. While there's still two days before it launches (Nov 18th), the cool gifts already on offer are very promising!

  • You get a buzz topic report that gives ideas about which topics to write about to create buzz on your blog.
  • The 14 months Blogging Calendar is filled with cool observances that can lead to posts, contests and discussions.
  • The Blogging Planner is extremely simple and very well thought out.
  • You also get a report that talks about thinking outside the box and talks about other ways to gain readers and spread the word.
  • There is also a report on different and fun activities to generate more traffic for your blog. After reading them, I found them helpful and will definitely be working towards implementing them.

Head over to Blog Energiser, get your gifts and decide for yourself. Don't forget to sign up for the blog energiser too! I first read about it on the WAHM blog. My first impression of blog energiser is impressive and I plan to follow its development closely.

Tony, this is especially for you in regards to your comment on my previous post. I hope it helps!

Bookmark this post:
StumpleUpon Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google

6 comments:
gravatar
Sal said...
November 17, 2008 at 10:19 AM  

Samar,

You know, I was reading this thinking about Tony the whole time. It is great to see people back each other and encourage one another, even if thousands of miles away. I know Tony will appreciate it and I thank you for being an encourager.

gravatar
Samar Owais said...
November 17, 2008 at 10:47 AM  

The freelancing community is awesome!I've gotten a lot of help from writers too. I do my bit by helping where I can :)

gravatar
Tony said...
November 17, 2008 at 4:26 PM  

Thank you - this was a great. I'm about to check out the link right now. I really appreciate both you and Sal for being there for me and for the encouragement. Maybe some day I'll look back on this and say, I couldn't have written this without Samar and Sal - or - I wouldn't be at this point in my life without you two. Thanks - it means a lot to know people out care

gravatar
Sal said...
November 18, 2008 at 9:29 AM  

@Tony: Thats what friends are for. As writers we must reach out and pull each other up when we are down, otherwise this can be a very lonely endeavour.

gravatar
Sal said...
November 18, 2008 at 7:33 PM  

@Samar: BTW, I checked out the Blog Energizer stuff and printed out my freebies. Are you planning on getting the real deal? If so, let me know what you think.

gravatar
Samar Owais said...
November 20, 2008 at 1:08 AM  

I plan on getting the Energizer for one month as soon as I have enough in my PayPal. Also need to work on the freebies before I commit to it.

Post a Comment