Freelancer's Bliss

Labels:

A freelancer is easy to please. All you gotta do is accept their submission, pay them on time and tell them they do a good job. Really, how hard is that? As a freelancer, I'm learning to appreciate every small thing. Someone replying with a rejection is also appreciated. At least they bothered to tell me they were rejecting my application! That's more than I can say for a lot of freelance writing jobs out there.

Every freelancer has a bliss. Something that makes them feel successful, happy, content and rewarded. Whether its getting so much work that they have to turn employers away, or getting published in their favourite magazine, Getting that big fat pay check for which they worked diligently or finding out that someone other than yourself reads your brand new blog.

That last one would probably be me if it happened to me. Since it hasn't yet, my bliss till now is a little different. My freelancing bliss is having my article accepted without a single revision! Yep, you heard me. My web article did not require any changes from the editor. I got a "This article is ready to go" e-mail and boy did it feel good!

What's your bliss as a freelancer?

Bookmark this post:
StumpleUpon Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google

5 comments:
gravatar
Sal said...
November 7, 2008 at 6:07 AM  

Hmm, this is a difficult question for me. I guess my bliss as a freelancer would be getting a job. Can I even be called a freelancer if I haven't gotten paid yet? I guess so since an artist is still an artist no matter what. Anywho, until then, yea, that is it, getting a gig. Any tips?

gravatar
Samar Owais said...
November 7, 2008 at 6:20 AM  

Sal, I started barely 3 months ago. And what I'm being paid now for a gig is laughable. But I'm doing it because it's experience. Do you follow freelancewritinggigs? They just got their own network of 6 blogs. Follow those. They're great for freelance jobs. I'll do a post soon about the blogs I follow and from where I apply for jobs.

And yes, you can be called a freelancer even if you're an unpaid one. You're writing and you plan on earning from that - makes for a freelancer.

gravatar
Sal said...
November 7, 2008 at 1:06 PM  

@Samar: I do follow them, but I can't ever seem to land anything. I apply and apply, but nothing ever comes back. It would be nice to even get a "hey, we already found someone, but thanks anyway." Still nothing. I guess I really need to work on my portfolio and just whip up some articles that I can use until I can actually get some clips to show for my efforts.

gravatar
Robert Medak said...
November 7, 2008 at 3:53 PM  

My bliss would be getting paid a fair amount for my work.

gravatar
Samar Owais said...
November 8, 2008 at 12:18 PM  

R.J: Welcome to the base. Can I ask what your fair amount would be?

Post a Comment